Dutch apple turnovers
Recipe from: Brabantsche Wal
Number of servings 5
Number of calories -
Preparation time - min.
Cooking time 20 - 30 min.
- Separate the puff pastry squares and let them thaw.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix the apple cubes, sugar, raisins or sultanas and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Spoon one fifth of the apple filling on one half of each pastry square leaving a 1 cm border.
- Beat the egg.
- Brush the edges of each pastry square with the beaten egg.
- Fold the empty half of the pastry squares over the filling and seal the edges by crimping with a fork.
- Brush the tops of the turnovers with the remaining egg and sprinkle with a little more sugar.
- Put the turnovers on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.