Dutch apple tart
Recipe from: Brabantsche Wal
Number of servings 6-8
Number of calories -
Preparation time - min.
Cooking time 60 - 90 min.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Loosely beat the egg.
- Put the raisins or sultanas in a bowl with some water.
- Mix the butter with the caster sugar, half the beaten egg, the flour and the vanilla sugar.
- Knead to a supple dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and rest in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl mix the apple cubes, granulated sugar, raisins/sultanas and cinnamon.
- Grease a springform with some butter.
- Roll out 2/3 of the dough and line the base and sides of the springform.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the base.
- Spread the apple filling over the breadcrumbs.
- Roll out the remaining dough into a thin sheet and cut into 1 cm wide strips.
- Use the strips of dough to form a lattice over the apple filling. Trim off the excess dough and use beaten egg to stick the lattice strips to the pastry rim.
- Brush the lattice strips with the remaining egg.
- Bake for around 60 minutes until golden brown.
- Let the apple tart cool in the springform.