Recipe from: Brabantsche Wal
Number of servings 4
Number of calories -
Preparation time - min.
Cooking time 30-60 min.
- Peel the spears, snap off the woody stem end and cut the tips off at 4 cm. Cut the rest of the spears into 1 cm pieces.
- Boil the asparagus in plenty of boiling water for 5 minutes until just tender and drain in a sieve. Reserve the asparagus tips for garnish.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan and gently fry the onion and the rest of the asparagus pieces until the onion is translucent.
- Add the wine and simmer gently for 4 to 6 minutes until the asparagus is soft. Let the moisture evaporate.
- Puree the asparagus/onion mixture and the egg yolks in a blender.
- In a bowl whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Fold the asparagus mixture and 3/4 of the shrimps into the whisked egg whites.
- Quickly spoon the mixture into the ramekins.
- Spoon the remaining shrimps equally into the centre of each soufflé and lay the reserved asparagus tips on top.
- Put the filled ramekins on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and risen.
- Garnish the soufflés with samphire before serving.